A book of Brands
and Marks of Cattle, Horses, published in 1898,89 list brands for the following family members:
Antonio Sosa (3 brands), Jose Sosa, Joaquin Soza, Mrs. Jesus Sosa,
Francisco Sosa, Lisandro Sosa, Antonio Sosa, Jr.
brands that were used later than 1898 were: Ben Moreno Soza, Carlos
Moreno Soza, Antonio Moreno Soza (2 brands), Maria Jesus Moreno
Sosa, Joaquin Soza, Juan Vijil, Mercedes Soza Apodaca, Herminia
Leon Valenzuela Soza, Rosaura Soza Vijil, Ricardo A. Apodaca.
Carlos V. Soza,
Moreno Valley, Ca., the son of Carlos Moreno 76 Soza and Herminia
Leon Valenzuela, stated that he conducted the last cattle roundup
at the former Soza Ranch c.1940 and drove a herd of approximately
200 head over the Redington Pass, into Tucson.
irons were donated to AHS by the children of Mr. & Mrs. Antonio
Campa Soza. These branding irons had been used in cattle operation
in Pima and Cochise Counties, and are identified by the AHS Collection
from Felipe Viaescusa (sic - Villaescusa) by Antonio Campa Soza
with a property located at the corner of Convent and Corral, Tucson.
No details as to how many head of cattle were traded. The Soza property
was immediately behind San Agustin Cathedral, Tucson.
to Francisco Federico Soza, son of Antonio Campa Soza and Mercedes
Federico (second spouse). This brand was used in the San Pedro River
Valley before the start of brand registration in 1898
brand of Antonio Campa Soza of the San Pedro River Valley.
belonging to Antonio Soza, Jr. which correctly refers to Antonio
Federico Soza, son of Antonio Campa Soza and Mercedes Federico.
with: Capilla de San Antonio de Padua