Heritage: The Story of St. Mary's Hospital, 1880-1980
By Leo G. Bryne and Sister Alberta Cammack, C.S.J
Chapter II Modern Medical Complex
Century Medical Plaza
After the opening of the Mental Health Unit, St. Mary's became more involved in the changing pattern of ambulatory and day-care services in other areas of health care. Outpatient services were planned for the new Century Medical Plaza, a physicians' building that would attract more physicians to the west side. With a coaxial cable hook-up, the facility provided the physician the ability to monitor a hospital patient from his or her office. It was evident that St. Mary's was becoming more than a general hospital, and, reflecting its expanding role was a new name: St. Mary's Hospital and Health Center.
Continue with Chapter II Modern Medical Complex Convent Closes and Newell Center Comes Down