This house was built in the 1950's amid the older El Fuerte homes. In 1952 Proto and Felicitas García moved from Mexico to join relatives in El Fuerte. Born in 1902, Mr. García had been a miner in Nacozari and a farmer in Agua Prieta. They bought the land for this house from their cousin, José Juan Lujan, who lived at the north end of El Callejón. The following year their oldest son, Cuauhtemoc, moved his family to El Callejón and bought land from Mr. Lujan. Three generations of the García family thus became part of community life in the barrio. The grandchildren remember stopping by this house daily on their way to school to receive their grandmother's benedicíon. Sr. García died in 1979, but Sra. García lived until 1995. She loved the fiesta of La Reunion de El Fuerte, attending the Mariachi Mass, welcoming all who came to admire the nicho in her front yard which held a statue of the Virgen de Guadalupe, and inviting the Mariachi de Cristo Rey into her home to serenade her. When Sra. García died, she left 38 grandchildren and hundreds of great- and great-greats. In her honor, Cuauhtemoc built pews for San Pedro Chapel. This home is now owned by her grandson, Robert Nuñez, who keeps it on the Tour as a memorial to his grandmother.