Through Our Parents Eyes
Jump to Menu Jump to Content

Drifting Apart, 1911-1916
Armory Park Institutions

Tom Marshall took many photographs of downtown Tucson.

 

This band shell was located in Armory Park
This band shell was located in Armory Park.

South from the Armory was the old Plaza School, renamed Safford Junior High School.
Across the street, south from the Armory was the old Plaza School,
renamed Safford Junior High School.

The Carnegie Free Library located on South Sixth Avenue across from the Armory. The Carnegie Free Library located on South Sixth Avenue across from the Armory.

This elegant marble bench, the Freeman Memorial, was added some years later. This elegant marble bench, the Freeman Memorial, was added some years later.

 

Elks Club. As in most western communities, fraternal organization played an important role. As in most western communities, fraternal organization played an important role. Above is the Elks Club.

This magnificent Mission Revival building below is the Owls Club, still standing at 396 N. Main Avenue. This magnificent Mission Revival building below is the Owls Club, still standing at 396 N. Main Avenue.

Continue with Armory Park Insitutions