Through Our Parents Eyes
Jump to Menu Jump to Content

Politics & Newspaper
Changes At The Corner Of Congress and Stone

The elaborate brick building has baked and glazed ceramic decorations. The men on
The elaborate brick building has baked and glazed ceramic decorations. The men on
the roof and on the ladder are hanging a drug store sign. Photo dated July 15, 1915.

The remodeling to the building below forced the temporary relocation of the
The remodeling to the building below forced the temporary relocation of the
regular tenant, the Arizona National Bank, to the Merchants Bank and Trust
Building on Congress and Scott Streets. Photo dated July 15, 1915.

The streetscape of Congress Street looking east. T. Ed. Litt Drug Store was located in the building with the sign "Checkers." Continuing along the north side of the street was Fred Fleishman Drugs, J. Ivancovich Grocery, the YWCA (probably upstairs), the Opera House, S. H. Kress, M. & B. Meyers and Bloom, and Kitts Dry Goods.
The streetscape of Congress Street looking east. T. Ed. Litt Drug Store was located in
the building with the sign "Checkers." Continuing along the north side of the street
was Fred Fleishman Drugs, J. Ivancovich Grocery, the YWCA (probably upstairs),
the Opera House, S. H. Kress, M. & B. Meyers and Bloom, and Kitts Dry Goods.

Continue with Parading Through Downtown