Through Our Parents Eyes
Jump to Menu Jump to Content

The University of Arizona Student, 1901-1903
Scenes from Tom's Photo Albums Downtown & Desert

Trolley returning to town from Elysian Grove.
Trolley returning to town from Elysian Grove. The Grove had been renamed
in 1903 by the new owner, Emanuel Drachman. Leopoldo Carrillo originally
developed Carrillo's Gardens in 1878. A popular park and lake, the Grove
served as the site for some of the University's early athletic events
.

Horse and trolley downtown on West Congress Street
Horse and trolley downtown on West Congress Street

Mining engineers, classmates of Tom's, ready to board the train
Mining engineers, classmates of Tom's, ready to board the train
for a mining excursion.


Convento San Agustin facing northwest. The old ruins were located at the foot of Sentinel Peak along the road to the Mission San Xavier del Bac.
Convento San Agustin facing northwest. The old ruins were located
at the foot of Sentinel Peak along the road to the Mission San Xavier del Bac.

The ruins of Casa Grande in central Arizona. A few years after this picture was taken, the ruins were designated a National Monument and had a protective roof structure placed overhead.
The ruins of Casa Grande in central Arizona. A few years after this
picture was taken, the ruins were designated a National Monument and
had a protective roof structure placed overhead.

Continue with Scenes From Tom's Photo Album