Through Our Parents Eyes
Jump to Menu Jump to Content

Restoration ... and a Happy Ending, 1990

819 In 1950 A portrait of the front yark, the rental sign and our family dog.
819 In 1950. A portrait of the front yard, the rental sign and our family
dog. The house and yard have changed since the 1929 picture of
Micky, the Marshall's Fox Terrier, was sitting in the same place in the
front yard. PPS FB

819 in 1959 Trashed and vacant for years, it was remodeled for UA offices in the early 1990s.
819 in 1959 trashed and vacant for years, it was remodeled for UA
offices in the early 1990s. PPS FB

819 in August 2007, now the home to the UA's Roy P. Drachman Institute for Land Use and Regional Studies
819 in August 2007, now the home to the UA's Roy P. Drachman Institute for
Land Use and Regional Studies. SJG

First and Tyndall, August 2007. 935, 939-941, and 943 are well maintained behind mature trees.
First and Tyndall, August 2007. 935, 939-941, and 943 are well maintained behind
these mature trees. In 1989 the Islamic Center was built on the site of Miss Goodin's
home. In 1905 Tom Marshall took a picture from here. What will this corner look
like in eighty-five more years? SJG


The Santa Catalina Apartments in their 104th year, December 2007 are restored and
remodeled (compare with September 1990). They are now white with blue trim. This
restoration is a fine tribute to Professor Louise Foucar, that personally shy but absolutely
determined young lady from Boston and may the Marshall Foundation continue on the path
set by the founders to "carry on our charitable work when we are gone." PPS

Cliff Robertson speaks at the dedication of the Udall Center for Studies in Public Policy, 819 E. First Street. Morris K. Udall is seated to Robertson's right.
Cliff Robertson speaks at the dedication of the Udall Center for Studies in Public Policy,
811 E. First Street. Morris K. Udall is seated to Robertson's right. PPS

In 1994 the University began work on the Main Gate Garage and the University Services Building.
Looking south from 819 E. First Street, 1994. The land was cleared in advance
of construction for the Main Gate Garage, the University Services Building,
and the Marriott University Park. PPS

This view, taken in November 1995 from the top of Main Gate Garage shows
This view, taken in November 1995 from the top of Main Gate Garage shows
803-811-819 five years after the Udall dedication. PPS

811 in August 2007
811 in August 2007, home to the Udall Center for Studies in Public Policy. SJG

Louise Foucar Marshall Building, on SW corner of Park Avenue and Second Street.
Louise Foucar Marshall Building, on SW corner of Park Avenue and Second Street.
The Marshall Building houses these UA departments: Animal Sciences, Hydrology and
Water Resources, Journalism, Judaic Studies, Latin American Studies, Media Arts
Middle Eastern Studies, and Near Eastern Studies. SJG

The Louise Foucar Marshall Building, December 2007.
The Louise Foucar Marshall Building, December 2007. It is located on the former site
of the College Shop and, before the College Shop (1959) , Tiny Links (1929).
PPS

The End