This former fraternity house is located at 1450 N. Cherry Avenue, on the east side of the street, in a block just west of the UA Medical Center.
In the early 1960's, the UA received a grant for housing and some 14 fraternity houses were built in the area.
The Acacia House cost $162,301, was designed by Place and Place and was built by Lynch Engineering and Construction Co. It was completed in 1961 and the fraternity men moved in, in 1962. Acacia Fraternity is sponsored by the Masonic Order.
The UA purchased the house from the fraternity after it had occupied the house for 10 years. In 1972-73, its name was the Parker House Dormitory, a co-educational dormitory for the UA.
In December, 1973, it became the Family Practices Center and was remodeled at a cost of $117,310. In 1976, $38,734 was spent for more remodeling.