Architect Roy Place designed the Old Baseball Stadium and Orndorff Construction was the low bidder, completing the project in November, 1929. It cost $13,000 and seated 1,400 spectators.
The ground floor of the small building was used by A. E. Douglass for his tree ring research, moving later to a larger space under the West Stadium. The stadium and playing field were located north of the football practice fields where the new Library now stands.
Shower facilities were not available and players had to use dressing rooms in Bear Down gymnasium. The structure was demolished in 1966 to make way for the extension of the east mall.