The UA Physical Resources Departments calls the old Arizona State Museum and the Anthropology Building a single structure. Actually, they are two buildings, with the Anthropology Building attached to the former Arizona State Museum on the south end.
The old museum was built with PWA funds in the mid-1930's, while the Anthropology Building was completed in 1961. Place and Place were the architects and M.M. Sundt, the contractor. It cost $921,688, including equipment. The total includes a grant from the National Science Foundation.
A fourth floor to the building was added in 1962, designed by Place and Place and built by Sundt at a cost of $164,000. The architecture is called, "Modern."