In 1960, on its 75th anniversary, the University of Arizona presented Place and Place with a Medallion of Merit. The citation read:
"For its significant contribution to the architecture of this region, especially under the direction of Mr. Roy Place, its former President and founder of the firm, and for its continuing development of the University campus; in recognition, also, of its support of architectural education in the southwest and specifically at the University of Arizona." It was signed by Richard A. Harvill, President of the University.
Place and Place designed many buildings outside of the UA. They included hospitals and medical facilities, governmental buildings, industrial and warehouse buildings, banks and financial institutions, housing developments, office buildings and multi-story structures, commercial businesses, religious buildings, airport and aircraft facilities, clubs and organizations, housing residences and guest ranches, hotels and motels, educational facilities, museums and art galleries, restaurants, and many public school buildings. Their work was statewide and in several western states.
The Arizona Daily Star, on October 16, 1988, recognized the Place architectural firm for two structures, placing one of them third and the other 20th on its list of the best architectural structures in Tucson.
In third place was the Old Pima County Courthouse at 115 N. Church Ave. It was designed by Roy Place in 1929.
The Star selected for 20th place the Benedictine Sisters of Perpetual Adoration structure, located at 800 N. Country Club Road. It was built in 1940 and was designed by Roy and Lew Place.